Monday, June 18, 2007

I thought I was the only one...


I used to be a Sunday news junkie...The New York Times, The Washington Post, Tim and George (and before him David, Cokie and Sam). But in the last couple of years, I could care less about the TV side of Sunday mornings. We now Tivo the programs, but we tend to fast-forward through most of Tim, and we tend to wait a couple of days before we just delete George. (And sometimes we do watch Chris Matthews...that probably says something about my attention span, and the fact that he only interviews reporters.)

So, I was happy to see that I am not alone in my increasing lack of interest in the Sunday shows. Today's Huffington Post has a piece by Peter Smith, If it's Sunday, it's Increasingly Irrelevant:

Sunday morning political shows may have reached their high water marks during the impeachment and the 2000 presidential recount. They seem to have struggled for influence and relevance ever since. They matter less now...

...The debate -- the genuine give and take of ideas -- has moved on to the Internet. Radio (public and talk -- both left and right) remains somewhat relevant, too. But its over for the Sunday morning political shows. They're done. Time to replace those stooges with the Three Stooges.

Do you still watch the Sunday shows?

1 comment:

John said...

I remember watching the McLaughlin Group with my Grandma when I was like 8 years old.

I still love it today.

I love it when McLaughlin yells "Pat Buchanan! YOUR prediction?"