Monday, April 14, 2008

Who Booked Robbins?


Does this seem like an odd booking to anyone else?

The National Association of Broadcasters booked Tim Robbins for a keynote:

Speaking in the third person, he said "Mr. Robbins will speak about the challenges facing broadcasters and media delivery systems." Adding, "I'm not sure what that fucking means."

You can read a little about it on TVNewser, but here's one quote from his "speech:"
To news execs: "Show me Night Rider drunk on the floor and I won't care about a lack of health care for my kid."

I haven't seen that sort of odd booking since Stephen Colbert gave the keynote at the WH Correspondents Dinner!

I am hoping for some YouTube footage of Robbins!

UPDATE: Yippee - there is audio! For more on the story and a link to the audio, visit Broadcasting and Cable's coverage.

No comments: